Thursday, March 18, 2010

This is for Ronnie, Arnie, and the crazy crew.

Do you remember any of this? (For all you other folks, please disregard this nonsense.)


Condensation of a Lifetime – Part I

I was talking with a friend over coffee one day
Just to see what things he had to say
I paid the waitress and he kept the change
He said, “Our lives have been mighty strange”
I looked at the clock, it said a quarter to four
My thoughts were drifting to years before…

“Turn on the light” some voice was squawking
I looked around to see who was talking
I was staring in the face of a big black cat
He said “Cats talking ain’t where it’s at”

We were sitting feeling mighty bored
So we decided to sleep out back in the Ford
My friend locked me out; he couldn’t be no meaner
So I spent the night singing songs to Toby Weiner

Went looking for girls and we had no luck
So we went to sleep in the delivery truck
A cop started knocking on the back door pane
He said “You guys queer, or just insane?”

I was dozing off in the front lawn chair
And Sheryl fired a gun in my ear
I hit her once and she kicked my spine
So I pushed her over a “For Sale” sign

Ronnie’s cycle wouldn’t start when it was new
So we pushed it down the street for an hour or two
We were sweating by the gallon and dying from chokin’
When Ronnie discovered the kill switch was broken

I was talking to a girl I didn’t know
She bit my finger and wouldn’t let go
She wouldn’t open up no matter what I said
So I picked up a cue stick and hit her on the head

I was laying for a guy I didn’t like
And I knocked him off his two-wheeled bike
I laughed and told him “That’s how it goes”
And he turned around and broke my nose


April 1969
.

No comments: