Tuesday, August 10, 2010

SEPTA HO Scale PCC Trolley

There are some things you just can't part with. I was looking through some old possessions and I came across this brand new Bachmann SEPTA trolley. My ex-wife used to work for Bachmann and they had just prepared to market these beautiful SEPTA trolleys when SEPTA filed a lawsuit to stop them from using the SEPTA logo. So they had to pull back all inventory and replace it with an old PTC version which they sell to this day.  I immediately got my hands on two of these beauties and gave one of them to my old friend (and now Bensalem District Justice) Lenny Brown, an avid collector.

I remember when these gems ran down Erie Ave? Does anyone know if they're still running?

After all these years, I wonder if SEPTA realizes how stupid and irresponsible they were to spend publicly funded dollars to block this product from being sold to the public.
.

No comments: