Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The House on Thirty-Third Street (A tribute to Jake and Rose)

I wrote this verse in honor of my wonderful grandparents, Jake and Rose. I spent my first five years livng in the house on Thirty-third Street in Strawberry Mansion, and I'll always remember those days. It was an apartment house with three apartments; one on each of its three floors.

The House on Thirty-Third Street
(A tribute to Jake and Rose)

The house on Thirty-third Street
Was on my mind today
A house where many lives had first begun
Shirley, Al and Freda
All had places there
A separate floor for each and every one

Jake and Rose had purchased it
In hopes to give their kids
A helping hand to start their married lives
And now if Jake and Rose could see
How well their kids had done
Tears of joy would surely fill their eyes


Steven Pein
21 July 2010
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will always love them, too. Thanks for this beautiful tribute to them.